Saturday, June 25, 2011

the quest continues...

BREAKFAST: Day 3 breakfast is here, and today I decided I would have yet another classic morning food... toast. Upon my toast I spread some chunky peanut butter, and atop that was some local honey. Now rumor has it that if you eat local honey that it will help you with your allergies because the bee's and pollen and yada yada... I don't know if I buy it, but I did buy this honey at the Woodbine Farmers Market from a local honey farmer from Goodletsville. Good stuff!


LUNCH: This meal is one that was prepared many times in my college days. My good friend Marty introduced me to this delightful concoction, and I have made it ever since. Behold the infamous Chicken Pasta Ceasar Salad. You get your greens, your protein, your whole wheat pastas... top it of with some croutons and parmesan cheese and voila! I think I made too much... I see leftovers in the future!


DINNER: Once we were finished eating lunch and took an afternoon nap there were some tasks around the house to take care of. After cleaning up the house, mowing the lawn, fertilizing the lawn, and then watching the lawn get watered for a while... it was dinner time. Because it was so nice outside it I decided to fire up the grill and make some kabobs! The chicken marinated for a while, and then once they were almost done I brushed a small amount of honey BBQ sauce on them. SO GOOD! We also had some BBQ potatoes. The kind that my mother always made while I was growing up.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home