Saturday, October 22, 2005

Nashville or Bust...

I have a major decision to make, and it must be made in the very near future. I have to figure out where God is calling me to live... and I am beginning to wonder if Nashville is that place. I have spent the past week working at a skate shop and wondering whether not that is where I am feeling called. I watch the two main people in the shop and I see something I don't have...

First there is the owner. She actually has just begun to get more involved in this store and is working about 20 hours a week in the store... plus probably 20 more doing countless other things for the place. The other night I worked with her and I was very much impressed. She has the ability to talk to pretty much anyone and make them feel comfortable in that store. I honestly think that if she worked in that store full time and became the face of the store that business would increase so very much.

Second is the very passionate one. She has worked there for quite some time in a assistant manager position. She loves that store more than anyone else and would probably buy it if she has the time and the money. Her love is what makes her a perfect fit for her job. Both of these girls have something that I am not feeling in myself about the stor, and they both have a much better fashion sense then me too...HA.

All this to point out that I do not see myself enjoying the job or being the person for the job. I think these two girls need to take over and make this store a success. The thing I have loved about skateboarding revolves around Sixth Avenue Skatepark. The organization, the people, the kids, and being around all of them is what made my experience. I almost feel as though I am being called to move back and live in Nashville. I don't know to what capacity I would work with them at this point, but just being there and getting involved almost makes the move worth while.

If this happens it will be within the next 7 days. I will have to make the decision in the next few days, and then begin to react very quickly if the decision is yes. I am comforted in the fact that my parents support my decision, and were very open to the idea. That just makes things even crazier for me. This may be a crazy week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home