Monday, November 17, 2008

monday's get even longer...

My monday started pretty early... I had to get George's truck, and so I was at his house at 7:15am to switch out cars. I don't usually get up until 9am, and so that was early for me. Mandy's neighbor - Alfonso - offered to help me with replacing the rotten wall in the bathroom today... and he is a master.


This is what it looked like under the tub... old subfloor... i took it out.


We put up a temporary support to prevent the ceiling joists from sagging down, and then I ripped out the old wall (left the siding) and subfloor.


Then we replaced some rotten wood and put some 2x8's in place to sure up the old joists, raised the floor about an inch with a hydrolic jack to make it level, installed the new subfloor, and then put the wall into place. Now I need another full day to pull off all the siding and replace the osb on the outside.

And yes, this did take more then 30 min, but the wall itself went up in about 25min... it was everything else that took forever. done and done.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Ben Reynolds said...

Dude - how do you know how to do all of this? Are you just learning it on your own? You are the master!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home